Friday 31 May 2013

New Workshops

Hi everyone,

I know it's been ages since I posted! I'm using the blog today for a bit of shameless self promotion - to tell you about my new workshops this summer. I'm really excited about these new classes and I hope you'll be tempted to sign up. They're aimed at all skill levels so no matter what your experience come along and have a fun filled creative day.

The first class is called Pages to Print. On that day we'll experiment with lots of hands on techniques like collage, printing, mark making, rubbings, you name it, to create some exciting design ideas on paper. You will then be able to choose your favourites and we'll print them for you to fabric using our wide format digital printer. Included in the workshop price is half a metre of fabric and I've found that it's possible to fit 3 generous sized panels (each about 47cm square) into that amount of fabric. These panels will be perfect for inclusion in your next quilt, stitched textile or to make a set of cushions. Best of all, the fabric will be completely unique to you!


The second class is called TXT Message and we'll have fun playing with different methods to add text to fabric. Before the class I'll ask you to send me a page of your handwriting and we'll print this to fabric for you so that you'll have a piece of unique fabric to work with. We'll combine the digitally printed handwriting with monoprint, stencilling, rubbings and more. You'll go home with a collection of fabrics and hopefully lots of ideas about what to do with them!

I'd love for you to join me for these workshops. We'll be providing coffee, tea, cake, a light lunch and some materials as well as the half metre of digitally printed fabric. You can find out more details and how to book on my blog. Here's the link. If you've got questions about either of the workshops just email me anytime.

Thanks for reading!
Laura
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment