Wednesday 6 March 2013

Any colour you like as long as it's blue

This week Laura had an indigo vat brewing and I couldn't resist joining in. I found a gorgeous hand made paper that could only be improved with a dip.


 I plan to put half of the sheet back in the vat a second time to get a darker value.


Fortune cookie wrappers seemed ideal candidates to dunk.


And these folded and clamped papers look promising although at the moment they are too wet to open without tearing. Note to self - patience is a virtue! What a pity it's one I don't possess.


I'm not exactly sure what I'm going to do with them all but something oriental will no doubt emerge in time for the exhibition at Minerva if not sooner. Meanwhile, the vat is still active - there must be something left I can dye. Talk again soon, Linda




1 comment:

  1. You are very brave doing that with a scarf on Linda ... and it looks as though your apron already got dipped in something nice. I love that paper .. I have some of the plain and I suspect it will be hitting some dye soon, having seen that. And I am always jealous of your fortune papers. How are those beautiful herons coming on ... I am dy(e)ing to see them finished - Hilary x

    ReplyDelete